Spirit Week Preview

It’s hard to believe that a new year has sprung bringing new classes and new friends. Coming with the new year marks the time for what many students look forward to, Timberlane’s Spirit Week. Spirit Week is a great way to start the beginning of the year, bringing all of the students together for some schoolwide pride.

This year, Spirit Week is starting on the week of September 21st. Even though it is a bit earlier than in years past, it will still be great. Each day of the week, there is a different theme where students are challenged to dress as extravagant as possible. This year, we have some new themes such as “Hawaiian Day” and “Music Genre Day”.

Spirit Week is all about getting involved and celebrating what a great school we have. Throughout the week, there are also various events that you can participate in. There is Mr. and Mrs. Timberlane, a boy’s and girl’s beauty pageant, as well as a talent show, carnival night, and a dance at the end of the week.

The days of this year’s Spirit Week include Mismatch Day which is Monday the first day of Spirit Week. The goal of this day is to dress completely out of the ordinary and wear nothing that matches. During the morning, the Mismatch Day parade takes place where each class will show their own individual spirit up and down Timberlane’s hallways.

The second day of Spirit Week, Tuesday, includes Hawaiian Day- grab your leis and Hawaiian shirts and dress like a native. Tuesday night includes the Mr. And Mrs. Timberlane Pageant, which includes a talent and interview portion. This will be held in the PAC at 6pm. Come support and crown your next Mr. and Mrs. Timberlane.

Wednesday, the third day of Spirit Week is New England Sports Day. Seniors:Bruins Juniors:Celtics Sophomores: Red Sox and Freshman:Patriots. After school,  Carnival night with the main event being the Men’s and Women’s Volleyball game. The carnival also features family feud, Newlywed Game, a cooking contest, Hungry, Hungry Hippos and a wall decoration contest.

The fourth day of Spirit Week, Thursday, will be Music Genre Day. If you’re a senior, dress as your favorite rockstar and get ready to head bang down the hallways. Other themes include country for the juniors, disco for the sophomores, and hip-hop for the freshman. The party doesn’t stop there, as the annual variety show will be held that night at 7pm. Students are challenged to bring their best talents to the stage to compete for their class.

The fifth day of Spirit Week is the infamous color day. Dress in your class’ color and parade the hallways showing your pride. Seniors are privileged to wear togas on their last full day of Spirit Week that they will take part in.  At the finale of the school day, everyone will be gathered into the gymnasium for a pep rally to announce the winners of the Spirit Week. Don’t forget that all week the Owls will be facing off at home against Salem at our home fields. Friday Night Football will feature a big matchup that might determine a playoff birth, so everyone get hyped and come see your favorite Owls fly high on the field.

The last day, Saturday, includes a White Out dance at the gym. It’s a great way to top off all the festivities. The dance is at 6pm to 9pm.

Get ready, get excited because it is Spirit Week.